Do you have questions? We have answers.
What time is your service?
- Our service begins at 10am and goes till around 11am.
Do you have Bible study?
- Yes we do for adults! Our adult class meets in the sanctuary at 8:45 and goes till 9:45am. Bring your coffee and love for the Lord and we will provide the teaching.
- Yes we do for Youth! Our youth study meets downstairs at 8:45am and goes till 9:45am. The youth usually are going through the same study the adults are but on a level that's designed for them. Currently, our middle school and high school youth meet together.
Do you have any kids programs?
- Yes we do on Sunday morning! We have Children's church that takes place during normal church service AFTER worship. We love for families to be together as we worship Christ and sing praises to God for the beautiful gift of salvation. Children are dismissed for Children's church before the pastor begins his sermon.
- Starting in January 2022 we will have Sunday School for all ages. This will include classes for: infants - 2 years old, 3 years - pre-K, K - 2nd grade, 3rd - 6th grade, and middle school - high school.
What type of preaching can I expect?
- Pastor Chris believes that the Bible is the infallible and inerrant word of God and is committed to expository preaching. This style of preaching begins with the understanding that every word given in the Bible is there for a purpose and has meaning for our lives today. Pastor Chris is committed to understanding God's purpose for each passage and sharing how to live out the truth of the Bible through faith in Jesus Christ.
- Expository preaching involves the exposition, or comprehensive explanation, of the Scripture; that is, expository preaching presents the meaning and intent of a biblical text, providing commentary and examples to make the passage clear and understandable. The word exposition is related to the word expose—the expository preacher’s goal is simply to expose the meaning of the Bible, verse by verse.
What type of music can I expect?
- Our worship team plays a blend of hymns and contemporary songs. If you have a love for music and play an instrument, let us know and we would enjoy having you on the team.
How should I dress?
- Casual. Here at PCBC, we are a small community and have people dress anywhere from shorts to blue jeans to khakis and the like. If it helps you, Pastor Chris preaches in blue jeans and a casual shirt. You are more than welcome to dress more formal but don't be upset if we don't.
What Bible Translation do you use?
- Pastor Chris preaches from the ESV Bible (English Standard Version) and will at times reference other versions as well. The goal of PCBC's teaching and preaching is to relay the meaning of scripture to our modern day audience so they grow to love the word of God, memorize it and apply it to their lives.
I hope these several questions and answers provide you with the information for you to come and join us for worship this Sunday!